Software Engineer - Optimisation
What you'll be doing:
- Performing analysis and measurements of game performance.
- Implementing optimisations for memory, CPU and potentially GPU.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve performance across multiple platforms.
- Champion quality in MPG and our clients development process.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we'll need from you:
- Proven experience in the profiling and optimisation of C++ based games.
- Strong ability to tackle complex, gnarly problems that require thinking outside of the box for good performance gains.
- Strong Unreal Engine 4 or 5 optimisation in ideally both CPU and GPU for PC and Consoles.
- A strong engineer with professional experience in games.
- PC development experience.
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable.
- Excellent C++ programming skills is highly desirable.
- Experience of developing for multiplayer games highly desirable.
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus.
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction.
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time.
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique.
- Ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions.
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.