Software Engineer - Online
What you'll be doing:
- Working with Online Sub-System Services like Steam, GoG, PSN and XBox-Live.
- Integrating Online Service features like matchmaking, friends, invites, etc.
- Working with 3rd Party APIs like PlayFab, AccelByte and others.
- Creating the best experiences for players in how online features impact the game.
- Champion quality in MPG and our clients development process
- Other duties as assigned
What we'll need from you:
- A strong engineer with professional experience in games.
- PC development experience
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills is highly desirable
- Experience of developing for multiplayer games highly desirable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.