Senior UI/UX Artist
What you'll be doing:
- Creating professional UI experiences. Focussing on the development of excellent UX design, visual layout and concept
- Organising and reviewing play-test of user interface prototypes and final in-game UI.
- Iterating on playable game flows so that all stakeholders can get a feel for the UI before any expensive implementation is conducted.
- Creating basic motion graphic mockups to illustrate complex interactions.
- Communicating with stakeholders, extracting requirements and advising solutions
- Leading by example, setting benchmarks, style guides, high quality standards, workflows, documentation and approvals
- Reporting for internal and client needs
- You’ll keep one eye on the future - research, evaluate and propose practices that keep us on the cutting edge!
What we'll need from you:
- You’re stylistically diverse, organised and precise.
- You have a deep understanding of the roles and workflows of an UI art team, how an art team and the wider development team operates and integrates and supports with those workflows
- You’re a fantastic Graphic Designer with a good knowledge of art theory
- Expert knowledge of User Interface theory and practice - terminology and best practices
- Expert knowledge of typical UI and graphic design tools and a general knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- Ability to create and present high level documentation, style guides, ideation, etc
- Ability to advise team members on UI production matters - solid experience with production tools like Jira
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
What would help:
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working on several projects concurrently
- Experience of direct communication with clients
- UI concept art and White Box Wire Framing experience
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.