Senior Technical Animator
What you'll be doing:
- Define a strategic character rigging & animation vision for a wide range of projects.
- Create tools for artists and animators using the moderate scripting languages MEL/ Python.
- Developing the appropriate optimise animation pipelines and engine-related procedures.
- Create rigs for characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles and props and maintain them throughout the production.
- Developing a pipeline that achieves high visual quality and performance.
- Keeping your team up to date on progress and providing time estimates for work.
- Responsible for managing your own time and workload.
- Open to mentoring and providing guidance to junior members of the animation team.
- Take part in art reviews and processes, providing feedback on ideas and art.
What we'll need from you:
- Have a high level of quality work. taking on constructive criticism where necessary.
- Ability to support many stages of animation development, from pre-production to final.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or equivalent, specialising in rigging/skinning.
- Strong Creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Develop tools to help improve the animation Pipeline.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills. able to interact with team members of different disciplines and solve creative problems.
- Experienced and knowledgeable when working with engines (i.e. physics constraints for characters)
- Understand in-game optimisation and performance, whilst understanding animation and gameplay intentions within projects.
What would help:
- Programming and scripting language. (C# or C++).
- Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Experience in direct communication with clients.
- Experience managing artists.
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.