Senior Software Engineer - Low Level Unreal
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Responsible for working within low-level areas of Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Identifying and making changes to Unreal Engine to benefit the game
- Providing mentoring support to other members of the team as directed by the Lead/Technical Director
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in The Multiplayer Group and our clients development process
- Other duties as assigned
What we need from you:
- A strong engineer with professional experience in games
- At least two or more shipped games
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Very strong or expert knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4 or UE5)
- Previous experience of making low-level improvements to Unreal Engine
- Strong Unreal experience of Loading, Memory Management and Performance
- Experience of Crash Handling, Packaging, Tooling, GaaS workflows highly desirable
- Experience of dealing with Unreal updates and merging highly desirable
- Experience of 3rd Party systems like wWise, IMGUI, etc, highly desirable
- Experience of developing for multiplayer games highly desirable
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Experience with iOS/Android platforms is highly desirable
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.