What you’ll be doing:
- Design and create game levels - projects could be at any stage of the game’s gestation, from concept and prototype through mid-development, to soft launch and live updates
- You’ll embrace and exemplify the MPG design methodology; which campaigns quality and starts with a deep understanding of our partner’s design process
- You’ll communicate frequently with both internally and externally on progress, scope, quality and risk
- You’ll be discussing and explaining the rationale behind your analyses and recommendations
- You’ll be implementing the levels you design and work collaboratively with the level artist to ensure that the level is playable and that the graphic elements support each other
- You’ll be fixing level design bugs entered into the database by our QA team
- Actively participate in design specific discussions and design reviews
What we’ll need from you:
- Previous experience working in a Level Design position and at least one shipped title
- A passion for making and playing a broad range of games
- A good knowledge of level editing tools and scripting languages
- The ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in writing and explaining high quality and thorough level design documentation demonstrable with portfolio materials
What would help:
- A shipped multiplayer game that you worked on from pre-production to launch
- Experience in free to play design
- Experience of prototyping game mechanics using UE4 Blueprints
- Experience with scripting or programming languages
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.