Lead UI Artist
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the creation of professional UI visuals through its various stages of development. From UX design - visual concept - implementation - animation - to final polish and effects
- Assisting with the recruitment of additional UI specialists to grow an expert UI solution to help you on your quest
- Communicating with stakeholders, extracting requirements and advising solutions
- Leading by example, setting benchmarks, style guides, high quality standards, workflows, documentation and approvals
- Getting hands on with production - Identifying, Estimating and Prioritising work, by logging tasks, tracking and reporting on progress
- Help and mentor team members in day-to-day work and professional development.
- Reporting for internal and client needs
- You’ll keep one eye on the future - research, evaluate and propose practices that keep us on the cutting edge!
What we'll need from you:
- You have extensive experience working with Game Teams and specifically Art & Creative Directors, UI Artists, Motion Graphic Artists, UX Designers, VFX Artists, Illustrators and Game Designers in developing GUI and Game Title Presentation.
- You’re stylistically diverse and know what it takes to be world class in a range of games and platform genres
- You have a deep understanding of the roles and workflows of an UI art team, how an art team and the wider development team operates and integrates and supports with those workflows
- You’re a fantastic Graphic Designer with a good knowledge of art theory
- Expert knowledge of User Interface theory and practice - terminology and best practices
- Expert knowledge of typical UI and graphic design tools and a general knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- Ability to create and present high level documentation, style guides, ideation, etc
- Ability to advise team members on UI production matters - solid experience with production tools like Jira
- Ability to do day-to-day line management of the UI team
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building teams and team culture
- Experience working with Art Outsource companies
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
What would help:
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working on several projects concurrently
- Experience of direct communication with clients
- Experience line-managing and developing artists
- UI concept art and look development experience
- Assistance in providing UI support for Key art/ Cinematics experience
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.