Lead Technical Artist
What you'll be doing:
- Managing a team of technical artists
- Communicating with clients & engineering teams to help bridge the gap with art
- Working with production to help plan out technical art workload & managing this
- Advising on issues which require an expert level of knowledge in the field
- Making solid technical recommendations based on experience
- Representing technical art in stand-ups and meetings
- Sharing knowledge with the wider team & writing documentation for others to follow
- Helping to bring the art director's vision to life
- Developing art pipelines for building optimised content
- Working with engineering to ensure art content is optimised for target platforms
- Building various tools to assist with various tasks and pipelines
- Writing optimised shaders/materials for various purposes
- Helping to build systems for various effects
- Working with relevant DCCs, game development software, production tools, and source control
What we'll need from you:
- Experience with Unreal Engine (Blueprints)
- Experience with managing & mentoring other team members
- Examples of technical art work, and any art work is a bonus
- Solid art development experience: having worked on multiple titles on all stages of game development
- Strong problem solving skills & creative thinking
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend visual direction and adapt style as needed
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- Excellent communication skills
What would help:
- Background in art & understanding of art fundamentals and/or background in engineering
- C++ or Python knowledge
- Rendering knowledge (HLSL/GLSL)
- Procedural content generation
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.