What you'll be doing:
- Design, integrate and maintain quality animation for games.
- Keeping your team up to date on progress and providing time estimates for work.
- Identifying and highlighting attention to any issues that arise.
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of character behaviours and abilities.
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions.
- Take part in art reviews and processes, providing feedback on ideas and art.
What we'll need from you:
- Create quality, responsive and realistic animation using both keyframe and motion capture data.
- Have solid understanding of core principle of animation such as ‘’Timing’’ and ‘’weight’’
- Have a deep understanding of implementation from design to the engine
- Excellent communication skills. Empathetic, mature and able to maintain a professional attitude in difficult situations.
- You'll be adaptable. Although you'll have strong, specialised abilities in a certain animation area or style. You'll be able to adapt to new areas depending on the project.
- Ability to adapt to latest animation tools and techniques.
- Understanding of Rigging, able to know how it works and provide feedback.
What would help:
- Open to mentoring and providing guidance to junior members of the art team
- Able to manage your own time and workload
- MEL, python scripting and tools development is a plus
- Cinematic experience is a plus
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience of direct communication with clients
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.